Every winter I say that I want certain foods. One of which is pot pies. The thing is, I never get around to doing them because I don’t have the time. Not this year! I want to share with you this Easy Pie Crust Recipe that only takes a few minutes to put together. It rolls out like a dream and cooks in minutes!
Easy Pie Crust Recipe - How To Make Pie Crust
- 1 Dough Blender Recommended
- 1 Dough Cutter Recommended
- Plastic Wrap
- 1 Vegetable Cutter Optional (I use https://bit.ly/vegchopping)
- 2 Measuring Cup Sets One for dry ingredients & One for wet ingredients
- 1 Bowl
- Gloves optional
- 1 cup cold butter Butter should be just taken from the fridge when you are ready to make your dough
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pink salt Though we recommend pink salt you can use whatever salt you have.
- 2 tbs sugar
- 5 tbs ice cold water Water amount may vary. Add in increments and completely mix before adding more.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine butter with dry ingredients
- Add water 1-2 tbs at a time until dough forms a ball and does not stick to anything
- Divide dough ball in half & wrap each portion
- Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes to an hour.
- Use as desired.
- Make sure your butter and water are ice cold
- You can mix with your hands, a fork, or a food processor
- Several factors affect the dough. You may find that you do not need as much or need more than the recipe calls for. That is fine. Adjust as needed.
- factors include humidity, temperature, elevation, etc.