Our grocery budget is not large but I’m determined to keep us eating healthy. This soup recipe is a quintessential part of my meal plan because it is loaded with nutrients and is very affordable.
You will also find that it is very filling and will hold you over until you have breakfast the next morning. It’s not loaded with creams and fillers either that are hidden calories.
The turmeric and other seasonings in the Island Curry that I recommend have many benefits for your body as well. Sprinkle a little ginger in your soup to add some debloating, detoxification action if you’re trying to lose weight.
Let me know how you like this recipe and if you want to see more. Enjoy!
Easy Chicken Soup Your Whole Family Will Love
- 4-5 boneless chicken thighs
- 32 oz low sodium chicken stock
- 5 medium potatoes, cubed
- 5 medium carrots, cubed
- 1/2 bag spinach
- 5-7 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium red or sweet onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp pink salt Salt to taste; Pink salt is stronger than most
- 1/8 cup Island Spice Curry Powder The one I use is mild but you just want a light flavor. This isn't curry.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot. Once hot, cook chicken until done. Do not over cook chicken.
- Remove pot from heat and place chicken in a bowl to cool.
- While chicken is cooling, cut up all vegetables, meat (once cooled), mince garlic etc.
- After everything is chopped, stir fry for about a minute or two until veggies become bright.
- Add chicken stock until ingredients are submerged by an inch or so.
- Let boil and reduce heat to medium/medium-low. Add seasonings.
- Simmer for 45 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are cooked through.